Amway is a large multinational family-owned consumer goods company and the leading direct selling company worldwide. Amway offers more than 450 high-quality products and innovative solutions in the categories of nutrition, beauty, and home care exclusively through independent distributors and the own webshop. The company was founded in 1959 in Ada, United States, and operates in more than 100 countries generating revenue of 8.1 billion USD in 2020. Amway’s top-selling brands are Nutrilite™ vitamin, mineral, and dietary supplements, ARTISTRY™ skincare and color cosmetics, and eSpring™ water treatment systems.
Purpose of the role:
The purpose of this position is to lead coordination with all stakeholders to assist Manager - Global Direct Tax Compliance (CIT) with compliance with all global direct income tax requirements. It will partner closely with outside advisors, GBS, local affiliates, and corporate to discover ways to maintain, monitor, and proactively reduce, where possible, all relevant direct income taxes throughout the globe, mainly for bigger and/or more complex markets in a given region. It will do this by establishing standardized processes to achieve “Best in Class” results.
What you’ll do:
Coordinate with outside advisors to support CIT compliance Provision, audit support, and withholding tax processes for local jurisdictions
Support competency teams by coordinating data gathering, assisting in tax planning and research, leveraging support from their GBS center scope, and working closely with GBS corporate finance team
Review deliverables from outside advisor to check for reasonableness (including the use of analytics), recommend & coordinate changes and updates with an outside advisor
Support direct tax audit defense in cooperation with outside advisors, Manager, and other tax team members
Report results - effectively communicating and presenting complex financial data (both verbally and written) to local and global stakeholders
Build relationships with other functional and competency leads in GBS - Leverage relationships to evaluate and make recommendations on process design to integrate tax reporting with other financial functions
Develop process standardization across assigned countries including documentation of consistent filing positions
Coordinate with the Global Tax Process and Technology team and GBS to implement process efficiencies
Seek advice from local tax teams (where present) on a project basis
Support Manager - Global Direct Tax Compliance (CIT) on the following areas:
- Manage data needed for all direct income tax filing requirements globally while ensuring accuracy and overall efficiency
- Facilitate and review tax filings prepared by outside tax preparers by acting as the liaison between Manager, GBS, and local Tax personnel
- Monitor new tax legislation and regulations to determine the impact to the company and advise on restructuring, as needed. Lead or participate in projects to implement legislation changes in GBS and tax processes
- Collaborate with global external advisors to support key projects and initiatives, such as audits, law changes, and planning
- Develop methods to standardize and modernize global direct income tax processes. Lead or participate in projects to implement the process changes, in coordination with the Manager.
- Provide consultation to the global affiliates and finance leaders for questions related to direct income tax
- Develop tax planning strategies to reduce direct income taxes globally. Lead or participate in projects to implement strategies
- Assist with interactions and negotiations with tax authorities for all global tax audits
- Keep on top of the latest developments of tax legislation and inform management of potential impact with solutions
- Interface with personnel from all areas of the organization to obtain financial and other data
What you’ll need:
Bachelor Degree in Tax, Business, Finance or similar field
At least 5 years of professional experience in the Accountancy/Finance area
Tax Knowledge - Demonstrated knowledge & experience with tax analysis for country/region of responsibility
Research & Analysis - Demonstrated ability to research, analyze and draw conclusions from tax-related laws, regulations, and court cases.
Analyze Data - Ability to read, interpret and draw accurate conclusions from financial and numerical material.
Communicate Financial Information - Effectively communicating and presenting complex financial data (both verbally and written) to influence all levels and global audiences, helps others understand financial data, and translate it into actionable business insights.
Strategic Thinking - Ability to think strategically and understand the broader view. Demonstrates an understanding of the long-term, "big picture" view of needs and opportunities.
Project Manager - Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities, making effective judgments as to prioritizing and time allocation.
Critical Thinking - Ability to formulate conclusions and recommendations using facts and data, financial and business analysis, deductive reasoning, and sound judgment.
Consulting - Ability to effectively provide technical or business guidance to clients, both internal and external; knowledge of applicable tools and techniques to maximize consulting effectiveness.
Relationship Management - Ability to develop and maintain effective and productive relationships, including the ability to influence, negotiate and manage conflicts effectively and constructively with clients, vendors, and peers.
Knowledge of the Business - Knowledge of the business and the key internal and external drivers that affect the business, including financial, political, and industry trends.